Fiber optic technology is the best in the world for delivering ultra-fast internet service to homes and businesses. Spiral Fiber’s network will be much faster and more reliable than wireless internet, cable internet, or DSL internet services.
E-learning, online homework, and long-distance learning
If we learned anything from 2020, it’s that our local internet access made it impossible to do the online education we needed from home. Spiral’s 100% fiber optic all-underground internet network will be reliable (safe from wildfires, high winds, and snowy weather), dependable (staying up and running during PSPS events and power outages), and sustainable (initially providing 1 Gigabit per second download and upload speeds which just makes everything work).
Work-from-home or home-based business
Unless you have access to cable internet, working from home or operating a home-based business is near impossible. And even with cable, the PSPS events or power outages shut down internet access immediately and often for days. That’s frankly unacceptable. Spiral’s 100% fiber optic all-underground network will give you the symmetrical gigabit service and reliability required for 21st century businesses. The best part? Our network will be up and running during PG&E outages. Anything less is unacceptable.
Watch “Day Made of Glass - Part 1”
This is where Spiral’s fiber network will shine. Imagine your household being able to participate in a high-definition Zoom call, engage in virtual reality gaming, watch a 4K movie, and be on a FaceTime or Skype video call simultaneously. Symmetrical (1 Gigabit per second download and upload speeds) makes this all happen without a glitch.
Fiber optic networks have several advantages over traditional metal communications lines:
• Fiber optic cables have a much greater bandwidth than metal cables. This means that they can carry more data so you will not see a reduction of speed when your neighbors are all online at the same time as you.
• Fiber optic cables use digital signals using light, rather than electrical, so they are not susceptible to interference from other electrical devices or radio signals.
• Fiber optic cables are much thinner and lighter than metal wires, so more fibers can be bundled into a given diameter of cable. Yet they are 4-8 times stronger, making them less likely to be damaged. This means your service is much more reliable! And since Spiral’s network is all-underground, wildfires, high winds, and snow will have no impact.
• Because no electricity is passed through optical fibers, there is no fire hazard.
• Data is more secure because, unlike traditional copper wires, it is not possible to tap into a glass line without breaking it. And frankly, when it's built underground, breaking it just won't happen.
Watch “Day Made of Glass - Part 2”
Fiber-optic networks have revolutionized internet access! Fiber is often said to be “future-proof” because the data is transmitted at the speed of light, so the rate of the connection is only limited by the equipment rather than the fiber itself. This will bring substantial speed improvements with easy equipment upgrades long before the fiber itself must be upgraded.